Monday, December 29, 2014

The Motivation

A place where I will share my thoughts about the capture of what I consider the most important period of my life. One that may have far reaching implications. One that expands far beyond my own Idios Kosmos, my private world.

Welcome to my spot where I will explore my process of turning the events and people of the most confusing, debilitating, and yet in a most disturbing sense, the most exciting period of my life into memoir.

Most of the facts of the events I intend to include in the memoir are already written with physical and virtual homes. The virtual homes are available for you to visit if you so desire. I will include links and a short statement about those homes in a near future post.

Though I've tirelessly attempted to make sense of my life in relation to said events, it seems I may never grasp the totality and significance of it. This is where memoir comes in for many aspiring and published memoirists. The process of writing and more specifically writing for self reflection and discovery is where a memoir writer really begins to be able to process these events in the way they desire. That's what I've read anyhow. If it works for them, I hope it will for me as well.

Within these pages I will share some about the actual events of this period but focus more on the process of how I transform these events into memoir. And the experience of the writing process as an amateur writer. Things may get messy along the way, but I look forward to sharing this process. And I hope that you will share and dialogue with me on this journey.

I'm writing this at a time in my life in which I have more time to write than I ever have, yet I've produced as yet, the least amount. This is due to currently being unemployed due to a severe and long-standing depression and difficulties due to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and ADHD.

I've tried many techniques to alleviate the symptoms, at least to allow myself the ability to write more. Some have worked better than others and some not at all. Due to my specific situation some of these are beyond my control. So, I use what I have available to me. I will be experimenting with some of these during the tenure of this blog, and part of the scope of this blog is to report and discuss how these work, or don't work for me. I welcome both friends and family as well as other aspiring and published authors.

Those of you who know me or of me will know to some degree what the memoir in progress, Alienus Tempus, is about. For those that don't, I'll soon post a brief description.

Being that this blog is new and I'm still toying with the structure of the layout, the appearance may be tweaked on occasion. That being said, the written content will always remain, so long as the Internet as we know it exists.

Just in the time of writing this post I've already conjured several additional ideas for near future posts. Isn't the writing process grand? It's true what they say: Writing begets writing.









1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Sridhar. I hope to "see" you around.

    ReplyDelete